2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

98 3500 Speaker Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 02:14 AM
amkuntz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 3500 Speaker Problem

This truck has the infinity system and the only speakers that work are the drivers door and drivers pillar tweeter...the passenger tweeter has some sound coming out, but it is tinny and garbled. Had the passenger door panel off and took the main unit out of the dash to see if there was any wiring issues. Didn't chase the harness back to see if there were issues along the way, but all wiring looked fine in the door/pillar to the speakers. Unfortunately I didn't have a test light to see if there was signal at the speakers. Am I missing something obvious? Any help at all will be greatly appreciated!
Marilyn

Old 07-17-2008, 02:51 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: 98 3500 Speaker Problem

Its possible the speaker is blown. Unhook the garbling speaker, take another speaker, and hook it up in the garbled one's place. If the speaker works fine, then the garbled one is blown. Possibly could be a problem with the amp too, as I believe the wiring goes through it before it heads to the tweeter.

Quick Reply: 98 3500 Speaker Problem