2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

You guys would not believe this

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:14 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's just awfully weird, it only flares when I go over bumps. And it could downright be my foot hitting the gas pedal, but it's because the pedal feels unusually sensitive. At one point it would do this 35mph and above. Then they went and changes the shift points, and it only did it exclusively in overdrive. I've tried to see if it's the pedal, so sometimes when I'm going down a smooth road I'll tap the pedal as if I'm going over a bump and it won't flare it will just kind of accelerate like any vehicle will, but as soon as I go over bumpy parts of the road or bumps, it just keeps revving up. They've messed around with changing out the valve bodies, lowering line pressure, changing shift points. So do you think it's a sensor in the transmission? I dont know if it would be the tps sensor seeing that it didn't do this with my old transmission. This transmission has been very faulty ever since I've had it, so I wouldn't be suprised if it's some kind of sensor or electrical issue from their unit. All I know is that I'm losing patience and I can't continue to keep leaving my truck there. It's just a little unsettling that I'm dealing with this after all of that money I spent. They usually don't listen to me either if I suggest something, there very egotistical. You would think they'd be dodge experts, they constantly have giant lifted cummins trucks in there from the track. They are the big dogs here in southern Maine, but they can't seem to figure out my simple half ton pickup truck...

Old 08-06-2008, 05:56 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

print out the thread about the wires and drop it off to them... it doesnt sound like your tps so I'd bet it's a short on that wire that's mentioned.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:58 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They probably have the trucks from the track because they probably either gave them a warranty like you and they are still trying to get it fixed or they are a sponser of them and the people with the trucks are probably getting the work done extremely cheap.

I know you still don't believe you should have gone with a APS or Dr. Evil as you had to do it across the net but for anyone else that still may need a new transmission this is the prime example of why you should just bit the bullet and go with a APS or Dr. Evil.

So I'm guessing still no build sheet? It's hard for anyone to know what it should be doing without us knowing whats in there. We have said it before and will say it again. It's no way of knowing how it should act without knowing what parts they used. They may have used the best parts out there and something be wrong or they may have used the crappiest cheapest parts out there and it be causing it to act like this. I'd guess the second one.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:07 PM
98DodgeRam1500
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
They probably have the trucks from the track because they probably either gave them a warranty like you and they are still trying to get it fixed or they are a sponser of them and the people with the trucks are probably getting the work done extremely cheap.

I know you still don't believe you should have gone with a APS or Dr. Evil as you had to do it across the net but for anyone else that still may need a new transmission this is the prime example of why you should just bit the bullet and go with a APS or Dr. Evil.

So I'm guessing still no build sheet? It's hard for anyone to know what it should be doing without us knowing whats in there. We have said it before and will say it again. It's no way of knowing how it should act without knowing what parts they used. They may have used the best parts out there and something be wrong or they may have used the crappiest cheapest parts out there and it be causing it to act like this. I'd guess the second one.
no issues thus far with my non-dr evil, and non-aps transmission post rebuild.

*knock on wood*

Last edited by 98DodgeRam1500; 08-06-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: just adding some more words
Old 08-06-2008, 08:49 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you had no issues with your tranny, your shop prolly used good parts (or you dont drive it like you stole it! lol) in witch i do and my tranny has been runnin like a champ for over 3 years/50,000 miles!

Last edited by PurplDodge; 08-06-2008 at 08:51 PM.

Quick Reply: You guys would not believe this