2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SOLUTION: misfire, stumbling, shuddering in OD

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 10:37 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SOLUTION: misfire, stumbling, shuddering in OD

I have posted this before. I had the same problem ad nausea with my truck and found the culprit.

Check your Plug wires, if any of them are laying on the neaders, then they can crack and everything will get messed up.

Re route your coil plug wire over the engine (out of the way of the rest of the plug wires). Sometimes that wire can cause interference.

Most misfires are caused by the injectors not firing (misfire code), an ignition code will net you "Coil #1" fault code. re routing will fix that. As for the injectors. Check the injector connectors. If ANY ONE is loose or doesn't have that metal clip that holds it down TIGHT, then it will be a missfire EVERY TIME. YOu will have to splice in new pigtails. EV1 style injectors form ford work well. Thats what i have and i got them from www.fiveomotorsports.com

While you are at it, check your plugs, wires and cap. But chances are that you replaced them and still have the problem...hence the curssing and frustration.

I tried everything, O2 sensors, new coil, plugs, wires, cap rotor, SEAFOAM. THe only thing that helped was getting the wires out of the way and replacing my pigtails.

Hope this helps.

--Dan

Quick Reply: SOLUTION: misfire, stumbling, shuddering in OD