2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mopar Breather for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 01:04 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Breather for sale

After installing a Volant intake on my friend's '06 F-150, I was very impressed. Loved the way it performed, looked, and sounded. I also really liked how it drawed air from the same factory hole. So I took a detour in buying the SCT tuner and purchased the Volant intake and the ram air scoop.

With that said, I now have a Mopar Airbreather that's going to be getting removed in the near future. It also has a K&N 14x3 filter. . Paid $78 for the breather itself, and an additional $50 for the filter. Airbreather will also come with the mini stand alone breather for the valve cover, I paid $9 for that. I'm willing to sell the whole package for $85. I'm taking off $52 because there is a slight defect in the black mopar lid. Originally when I was having a hard time with the s-bolt, I drilled a seperate hole next to the original center hole. This way I could use just a straight bolt. When the airbreather is installed, you can't tell that there is another hole behind it. You also will have the option to use an s-bolt or just a straight bolt to install it. Personally, I'd just use the straight bolt now, and it will hid the hole behind it. I'm willing to take offers on it as well. Other than that slight defect, everything is in good shape. Thanks.

Last edited by 05DodgeRamHemi; 08-16-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You should cancel that order while you still have time and order a ram air box instead. You'll be way more impressed.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Rex-TheDOGG
Captain

Slight defect? Sounds to me like you ruined it. The new owner will have to repair the hole you drilled in it. Or did you plug it up with JB weld?

Old 08-16-2008, 03:50 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

No I'd like to go with the Volant. I don't want to deal with anymore stuff that isn't specifically designed for my truck. I really like the way the Volant looks under the hood too.

As far as the airhat having a defect, it's minimal. I put a screw in the center hole, and a rubber gasket with a bolt underneath to block any air going through it. If you use the whole with the straight access, the center hole is covered up and isn't noticable. As I said I know it's somewhat rigged with the extra hole, but that's why I'm cutting the price down considerably. I paid $137 for the breather, K&N filter, and stand alone breather. But I'm cutting it down to $85, and taking offers. Thanks all.

Old 08-16-2008, 04:31 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

13 1/4 AC amd you had on a 14x3 filter ?? , if you notice this or not the stock height with the stock filter that came with it is 3" from TB to top of AC , which means a tight fit under the fire wall , go with a 3" filter plus the lid means some how you sandwich the AC in there , Pics would help alot on how bad this AC is. If it was the S bolt you made was hitting why didnt you take a marker put a mark on the S bolt and cut it down some ? all would be needed was a 1/4" sticking out of the top of the AC ..

Now im understanding when directions say : dont stick a fork into toasters <-- (Now i know what type of people its ment for)

Old 08-16-2008, 06:24 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Excuse me ****head, Silver_Dodge was the one who gave me the damn part numbers. He said a 1530 or 1535 would suffice. Right back at you ****ing goober.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:36 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Alrighty I've had enough of this forum. It's just a bit much. The majority of this forum consists of your typical class A hill billy truck goobers. Ever since I joined this forum I've had to battle the "jocks" on this forum. I guess some of you have a hard time embracing the fact that I have a nice truck. If I didn't know what I was doing, it'd still have a rusted and dented up body, a broken transmission, a torn read end, and a rigged liftkit. Due to my compassion and dedication to restoring the truck, it looks like it's fresh off the lot. Sure I may mess up on intakes, and headers, but big deal, it's my first time dealing with those. Next time around, I'll get it right. The ones that treat me poorly have never supported me or genulinely helped me, and you know it. I'm tired of dealing with the bullcrap, I don't need it. You don't help me out, and when you do, it's with a negative spirit. With the exception of some very nice people, this forum sucks and the people are mean. With that said, I'm no longer carrying my passion of my truck into this forum. I'll continue to make my truck one of a kind and disregard the hill billies telling me what to do. Besides, it seems to be a precedent around here to listen to EVERYTHING the experts know. But like hometheaterman said, I have a mind of my own. I go to you guys for input, doesn't necessarily mean I have to do it. Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate you shooting my passion down once again.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:40 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Neon, its always the same guys giving you crap. Why do you still pay them any attention? All it does is give them thrills to see you get mad and blow up at them.

Just ignore them. Be yourself, do what you want with your truck, and be happy. Just don't expect sympathy when you go against our advice and end up with problems. Feel free to complain, just don't expect sympathy.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:06 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"hill billy truck goobers" ..LOL , at least i know how to put my truck toghter and keep it running and not bitch about the exhaust , ride .. since your truck is super duper off the show room built back to stock , im willing to take a ride up to your area and see how my hill billy truck does against yours , PM me your address and ill come up ,

rember if your gonna talk about parts and what not get it correct ...

Old 08-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Its not the fact you mess up neon, and I mean this in the most respectful way btw, but its because you are an ignorant ******* that doesn't listen, then complains.

Btw, just wanted to let you know, a 10 second 0-60 isn't that impressive...

Quick Reply: Mopar Breather for sale