2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission Hard Lines

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 11:32 AM
theviper90210
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Hard Lines

Hey I was wondering if any body had the part numbers for the two hard lines coming from the transmission up to the engine where they stop being a hard line. I just need the 2 hard lines. Also where to buy them other than the dealer. Also what are the 2 lines actually called. Thanks

Old 08-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Technically, they are just known as transmission cooler lines. Informally, one is known as the transmission fluid pressure line (the one going from the trans to the radiator), and the other is the transmission fluid return line (leaves the radiator trans cooler and returns to the tranmission).

Try eBay, junkyard, or parts trucks on craigslist. Otherwise, I think you can buy straight hard lines and bend them to match your application.

Last edited by Silver_Dodge; 08-22-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver_Dodge
Technically, they are just known as transmission cooler lines. Informally, one is known as the transmission fluid pressure line (the one going from the trans to the radiator), and the other is the transmission fluid return line (leaves the radiator trans cooler and returns to the tranmission).

Try eBay, junkyard, or parts trucks on craigslist. Otherwise, I think you can buy straight hard lines and bend them to match your application.

What he said. Bend your own.

Quick Reply: Transmission Hard Lines