2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

O/D off

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 02:18 AM
Spartan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O/D off

The overdrive button to turn it on and off. Obviously it turns o/d off. However does it have anyother affect? on my uncles 99 chevy when you tun "o/d off" it raises the shift points for the auto tranny "or according to my cuz it does" but it is called tow/haul not o/d off so it may not be similar at all. Also i tried some testing today and relized my truck goes all the way to 5k before shifting if you have it floored. Do all of them. Most vehicles i have riden in "not many" do not go all the way to redline even with WOT.

question.2 i tavel about 10 miles aday "total" in my truck. To school/lunch/from school. in -5 to 32 degree weather. Obviously the truck doesnt get warmed up very well. So about every 1-2 weeks i will take it out on the highway and drive for a good 20-30 min to "clean" the system. I figure that cant hurt so unless someone proved to me that it hurts im not going to stop. But my question is since i only drive around town and never am over 45 and only at that for maybe 1 -2 min should i turn overdrive off....i will say that it tend to jump to overdrive quickly or what seems to me as overdrive. also i dont drive
hard AT ALL during the week because i heard that the engines hasnt completly "sealed?" untill its warm

has anyone ever had the truck not downshift to 1st at a complete stop....i cant say for sure that mine does or doesnt but i will say that it seemed to perform better if i put it into 1st manual instead of "auto" is it possible it is staying in 2nd or 3rd or is that just my imagination