2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dash HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Silver_Power
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash HELP.

Well.. I know the problems with the rams dash's go back.. but havnt really heard many solutions. My dash is completely ripped out. So a cover is out of the question. Any Custom solutions? For some reason im kinda reluctant to go pay the dealer around 1200 for a new dash. Its like 470 just to get put on a list.. because there is a back order of some kind.. so i wouldnt even get the dash right away.. then its a good 800 to have them intall it.. because i guess dodge thought it would be a good idea to make it to where you have to take out the whole dash just to replace the top peice. But basicly im just looking for options.. Going to hit the junk yards and custom shops. No luck so far..

Old 09-09-2008, 01:20 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not that hard to do the top piece. A buddy and I he did most of the work did mine in about 3 hours. He is a mechanic I used to work with at a shop. It might take longer if you don't know what you are doing but it's not hard. I pulled the dash forward for the heater core recently and it was super easy.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Silver_Power
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome. Read a post dealing with the dash.. Got a customer service number.. see what they can do for me.

Quick Reply: Dash HELP.