2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Your Opinon

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:18 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Opinon

Today when I was having my magnaflow cat installed, I noticed they sponsored Jasper. I told them that I was currently in the process of possibly getting my money back from my existing unit. So I asked him to make me a writeup on Jaspers performance unit. Out the door with a 3 year/100,000 mile warranty is $3,019. So I need to know this guys. If I can get my money back from the frauds at New England Transmission, does this sound like a good direction to go in?? Is Jasper as good as everybody says. That warranty is also even b***er than the one I have and quite a bit cheaper. I'm all ears guys, thank you!

Old 09-09-2008, 07:41 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jasper = garbage

3k is WAY too much for a performance unit.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:47 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

I haven't been keeping up with the new tranny thread, but... I remember you were talking about a lawyer. I doubt you will get your money back but if you do, good for you. As far as jasper trans, it isn't going to be anymore heavy duty then the one you have now. If you do get your money back, really consider what your getting into again. Hometheaterman hasn't steered you wrong, and quite frankly if my tranny does go again, APS will be the first tranny I look into.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:48 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd stay away from Jasper. I used to work at a shop a couple years back that installed Japser stuff. Well 1 and a half. Maybe slightly longer but I think it was about 1 1/2 years ago when I stopped working there. I know they put one in a Crown Vic and as soon as they got done took it for a test drive and it was already slipping. They ended up having to have it replaced. I think we might have had one more issue but I can't remember for sure. We didn't install many of them and they seemed have a lot of issues. I know another buddy tried one in his older Ram dump truck with a 727 which is basically one of these without the OD and he went through at least one if not two of them. He got them from the shop I used to work with and said he also thought they were junk. The shop I used to work for said they had soo many problems with them they quit using them and will now only get transmissions from the dealers.

They offer a decent warranty but don't seem to be all that great of units and seem to have a lot of issues. Some may be fine but most of the ones I've seen have had issues. That's enough that I'd stay away from them.

If you get your money back would it be that bad to go with a APS or Dr. Evil? You could go with one of those companies and get a unit that others have had lots of good experiences with instead of putting some junk back in it.

That's if you get your money back. Although like said above I'm not sure that will happen but then again it may.

Anyway did the Magnaflow cat fix your drone? How do you like it?

Old 09-09-2008, 10:34 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Umm...I don't know, it just still seems loud inside the cab, but not as bad. It will do though. I guess the most annoying thing is the noises from my engine that come inside the cab. My engine is just a noisy unit. It makes all these weird cricket sounds and certain belts are just always making noise. If you throttle it from inside the cab, they really enter the cab and it's extremely annoying. When I'm driving, the engine makes this weird fluttering noise. When I throttle it up and let off it kind of flutters away and then flutters up again when I give it some throttle. So it's just always making some very annoying noises coming into the cab. When I'm outside, my engine just makes this very annoying sound of like wining belts. I had the belt and idler pulley replaced, and it still is a loud engine and i cant stand it. Really makes the truck sound weak.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:50 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

2 Things

1. Never buy a harley

2. Never buy a diesle

Old 09-09-2008, 11:01 PM
98DodgeRam1500
All Star

I think you should sell that truck and get a nice little civic. From all the things you talk about, that truck has tons of issues (maybe more than mine ). Aside from the tranny, you just told us about bad body mounts and some missing bolts, now the engine sound.

Mine makes noise, it should, its a motor... but if its that loud you can hear stuff in the cab... you might be just driving around with a timebomb motor.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:30 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

does it sound kida like freon going thrugh a air conditioner?

Old 09-10-2008, 12:10 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

Originally Posted by PURPLDODGERAMITMFERS
does it sound kida like freon going thrugh a air conditioner?
huh? What does freon coming through the air conditioner sound like? I've never heard that. The only way I know to tell if your low on freon is to hook up a gauge or a nice set of A/C gauges as I would prefer.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:11 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

I kind of agree I think I'd sell the truck. I kind of wish I had before I dumped soo much money into it. Then again I don't want to so I don't know.

Have you guys talked to a lawyer? What did they say?

Quick Reply: Your Opinon