2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

power loss and backfire question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 08:24 PM
dodgeguy97
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes there is two o2s more than likely its the before cat o2 as long as your exhaust is flowing and reaching proper temp no need to change the cat

Old 10-11-2008, 05:19 PM
mayhewcfi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to give you guys an update. I replaced the O2 sensor that is in the front part of the cat. I bought one from advance. It is a Bosch with the right length wires and jack at the end. No slicing. While I was replacing the O2, I disconnected the battery to reset the computer. The only trouble was that the jack and plug connect above the transmission. You can't see them and have to do it by feel. Not so bad once I got in the right position. There is a bayonet type thing that seems to be there to prevent the coupling from vibrating. It looks like it goes into hole up there. I couldn't find any hole in range but it didn't seem like there was much room for it to move around. I ended up just leaving it up there.

The great news is that the truck runs perfect now. That fix seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for all the help. I love this forum

Quick Reply: power loss and backfire question