2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Redesigned dash for 99 2001 ram

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:12 AM
mlbz420
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redesigned dash for 99 2001 ram

I am like many who have a collapsed dash on my 2001 ram.

i visited the local dodge dealer here the other day to price out a replacment dash and was suprised to hear the parts rep say that the dash has been redisigned and is now a two piece dash.

an instrument panel and a filler panel. The parts quote not including labor was $541 after tax for the two pieces.

i will try and post back later with the part numbers fom the actual quote and the individual prices.

when i asked the parts center if this "new" dash was any stronger than the old one he said that he did not know, but did admit it was a common problem for this truck. A first for me.

i think the fact that they have revised the design at all is an admission on chryslers end that there was in fact a defect. hopefully this information will help some others with this problem find a solution.

if i do go ahead and purchase this replacment i will post back with pictures but for now i cant see spending that kind of money just yet.

if someone else hase this two piece replacment i would be interested in seeing a few pictures myself......

Quick Reply: Redesigned dash for 99 2001 ram