2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Quick Alarm Question?? Re: Hood Switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 03:24 PM
nolazach
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Alarm Question?? Re: Hood Switch

I am installing a new alarm. Thanks to this site I breezed through the door lock/relay install, and the starter module install. I have a couple of things not hooked up.

I would like to hook up the hood switch pick-up. It needs a negative input. I know the hood lamp uses two wires a black one and a pink one. But where is the switch????

My FSM leaves me at a blank a search here turns up no results. I know there is a switch because the hood light turns on and off. I figure the switch has to be a mercury or other motion sensing switch, because I don't have to close the hood all the way for it to go off.

On my old 'stang I had to add a switch and I may do that here, I just figured someone here has done this before.

Also anyone familar with disabling the stock alarm. All the diagrams I have call for hooking up a 1500Ohm resistor between a Bosch Relay and the disarm output from the alarm. Can I use the same relay for the re-arm wire? I am going to try that for now because both wires just give a ground pulse. I figure there wouldn't be any back-feed issues.

I just lost my whole stereo system at a Saints game(double whammy we were killed by the Vikings) and I am going with a BA alarm to deter another theft.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:20 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the 2001 FSM (probably the same for you 99) the pink wire is tied to +12V, and the black wire is connected after the switch. It shows the switch inside the lamp assembly. It shows: pink (+12V) in, light, switch, black wire out (gnd).

Hope this helps,
Cartman

Old 10-23-2008, 08:00 PM
nolazach
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The black wire seems to be grounded at all times though.
I just installed a hood-pin switch and put another one at the tailgate. So opening either the hood or the tailgate will trigger a ground pulse to the alarm setting it off.

I still have a microwave sensor and a window module to add, and a inside siren.

Quick Reply: Quick Alarm Question?? Re: Hood Switch