2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck Throwing Torque converter code.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 08:35 AM
RamWood
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Truck Throwing Torque converter code.

I don't recall exactly what the code was, but something like torque converter circuit or something to that effect. the truck drives perfectly. anybody ever get this? what should I expect?

Old 10-24-2008, 02:07 PM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

it may be the OBD_II code for when the internal torque converter lockup clutch is not working for some reason

it could be a broken wire in the harness somewhere, or a bad ground connection

it could be the solenoid mounted on the valve body beside the similar overdrive solenoid has gone bad, or has something fouling it internally

in the worse case the friction lining of the torque converter clutch has worn so much it can no longer hold. in this case the torque converter must be replaced

Old 10-24-2008, 04:44 PM
dodgeguy97
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HankL
it may be the OBD_II code for when the internal torque converter lockup clutch is not working for some reason

it could be a broken wire in the harness somewhere, or a bad ground connection

it could be the solenoid mounted on the valve body beside the similar overdrive solenoid has gone bad, or has something fouling it internally

in the worse case the friction lining of the torque converter clutch has worn so much it can no longer hold. in this case the torque converter must be replaced
+1 for hankl i agree you need to take the proper diag procedures to find the problem

Old 10-27-2008, 08:11 AM
RamWood
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, the light went off on Sunday so...... I guess I will worry about that one later
thanks for the replies though.

Quick Reply: Truck Throwing Torque converter code.