2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

guage question

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 03:04 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default guage question

just woundering cause i want my entire interior to be black and red. I got the red bulbs for the three overhead lights. but the dash lights, are they a green guage or is it a green bulb or is evrything green? and to better ask it a guess is the back sides of my dash lights white or green to product the color or is it a bulb?

Old 11-01-2008, 04:38 PM
EasyThree
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gauges are actually blue, but because of the stock bulbs that emit more of an amber color, it looks green. I tried the red leds behind the gauges but the needles don't light up then, and the color is inconsistent. I ended up getting straight up white leds and it looks really nice. It is blue, not red like you are looking for, but that was all I could do.

The a/c controls however were a different story. I still haven't found a bulb to replace those with a true white to give off the blue tint.

I wish manufacturers would stop using green in everything. It is such a dated color in the interior.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:14 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

well i wnat to go everything red and black, the lift kit is coming with red shock boots and red springs( rough country) and i have the white truck with the red letters. so i want to rhino line the inside so the water doesnt say in the carpt and rot my cab, and i am putting red neons (already have them) under the seats or dash, which ever looks better. and then the red background sony stereo. sony sub is going under the center seat so. and then the black walmart seat covers with the dodge emblem in the back. shoul look good, but i will figure out the lights.

and yes all vehicles should change the inside colors. but there is a reason they do that. The human mind is atracted to the colors of yellor red and some blues. it is a natural instinct we can not over come. so they put green, we can still look at it. we know its there. but we are not " at ah" about them.

Last edited by meanwhitemopar; 11-01-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: typos... and to add a few periods.LOL
Old 11-01-2008, 09:25 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

ok i just put the red in the dash, i got it to work witht the stock bulbs. i took the guage off, pulled the needle. took the plastic back off colored the blue parts red with a sharpie and colored the bulbs red with a sharpy. came out great. my camera wont get the color in the pic but it worked, the only thing is, i put the dash back together ( NOT FULLY YET) and the guages them selves, the needle parts, dont work... whats going on

Quick Reply: guage question