2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tire Sizes And Fitments---Post Your Pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Ninety5PoloZ
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Sizes And Fitments---Post Your Pics

I have a 98 Ram Sport. Today it was in the shop getting some things taken care of and I was doing some figuring on what size tires to get. I know that I want to run a 17" wheel, the truck right now has a set of 20s on it and tires are just too expensive and I don't like the look of a big 4wd truck with big rims (well I like some ) and the fact that the tires are just way too expensive.

Well I took some measurements and the front fender right now is sitting at 38" and the rear is at 41" (from the ground to the bottom edge of the wheel opening directly in the center of the wheel) so the first thing on my list is a 2" front leveling kit. So that will put the front fender at 40" not quite where I want it but it will be alot closer. Then I plan on ordring a set of 17x8s and this is where I start to run into problems. I need to know what offset to get and what would be the best sized tire. I plan on getting the Nitto Terra Grapplers and was looking at a set of 295/70/17s which are 33.26" tall according to discount tire and the stock 265s are 31.6. Now do you guys think that the tires will clear everything? Or are the tires a little too short for the right look? I don't want the truck to tower over the tires, but I don't want the tires stuffed and have to cut anything to make them clear.

But I think thats all I have right now, but all I can say is Damn these dodge trucks are big. The stock sport sits about 2-4" taller than my 4wd 96 chevy with a smaller tire than stock LOL (tires on the 20s are about 30" tall)

Thanks in advance and post some pics of your aftermarket setup

Old 11-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Ninety5PoloZ
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump.........

Quick Reply: Tire Sizes And Fitments---Post Your Pics