2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trouble Code P141

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 12:18 AM
reags8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble Code P141

After running the code with my EZ link I know the code is calling for "O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 2" my issue is this - I installed a set of aftermarket pipes (cat back dual system) when I first bought it, they eventually rusted out and I went for back to the stock exhaust. Took the truck to a local Monroe dealer (because I get a discount for work) and waited to get hit over the head with the price - well they "just installed a cat back exhaust on another dodge and would install the stock SS exhaust that came off that guys on mine for a 1/3 of the price" (back door deal). Well on the ride home about 5 miles in I failed the O2 sensor - ran the code - bought another one - installed it and guess what - that one failed in under a month. I never had an issue with failing sensors with the dual set and now a stock exhaust does ? If I remember correctly the tailpipe bends and exits right after the pasenger side rear wheel ? (on a 6' 1/2" bed) the one that they installed is closer to the bumper - could it be an exhaust off an 8' bed ? That shouldn't matter should it ?
Reags

Quick Reply: Trouble Code P141