2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My ram won't start

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 08:03 AM
muppettrunner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My ram won't start

Hmph, I've tried it all I think. I have reached my capacity. I have changed the cap, rotor, crank sensor coil, wires, plugs battery and the only thing I can't be sure of is the fact that I found the leads to the cam position sensor freyed ad shorted. I did fix that , at least I separated them and put it back. I still get no spark. What next?

Old 11-14-2008, 03:06 PM
stratusguy02
Professional

First things first, what vehicle are you talking about?

Old 11-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stratusguy02
First things first, what vehicle are you talking about?
Yup^^^^^^^^

Need to know what it is first, then get any and all codes from the PCM. If the cam sensor is fried, that's serious!!!!!

Start at the beginning, let us know what it is you're dealing with, and any info you can retrieve----CODES!!!!

Old 11-14-2008, 07:37 PM
jkillman
Professional

Make sure all the plugs are properly secured to the PCM. If loose, the egine wont make a noise. Gotta start with the obvious.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:47 AM
muppettrunner

Okay guys, its a 96 ram 1500 pickup and I've replaced the crank sensor which was the only code I was able to retrieve back when it ran last. BUT I tried to buy a CS from Autozone for the Standard (5 speed) that it is. They geve me one with the wrong clip on the wire. So I returned it and got one that fit the wire, It was from a 2000. Then I find out that they don't stock the one for the standard trans. So now I have 3 crank sensors, two of which are the same legth and one is longer, but only one fits the wire clip. How can I tell which one is it?

Quick Reply: My ram won't start