2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help with lift

I have a '99 1500 4x4. I want to lift it just a small amount (no more then 2 inches).
What is the best way to do a 2 inch lift?

I've been told 2 different ways to do it, but I want to know what is the best method.
The methods I've been told about are:

1) get the 2 inch leveling kit in the front.
I am concerned that this will make the pickup look funny if I tow or have a load in the bed. Should I do an add-a-leaf or a helper spring kit in the rear to compensate when I tow?

2) or, just put springs and leafs from a 2500.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Picture would be useful too. Thanks.

Old 02-14-2005, 10:20 PM
RPMRamFury
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help with lift

I would also like to level my front end out. I heard putting hockey pucks (frame lift) is the cheapest obviously. Where does a person find kits or how do I do something like this...wed both like to know...

Old 02-14-2005, 11:41 PM
moparmania
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you just want a small amount of lift the 250 suspenion is good. will ride a bit stiffer of course but can give you 2 to 2.5 inches of lift

dont ever use the lame *** hockey puk method i thought that died out....... you can also get a nice skyjacker 2 to 3 inch kit witch is probly the best idea for both of your needs. it comes with everything you need and is simple to install if you have basic wrenching knowledge. and can be done in a day. imo

Old 02-15-2005, 01:25 AM
JohnT99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the skyjacker or daystar leveling kit. It's easy to install but it WILL make the rear look saggy with any kind of load in the bed. (There's a joke there somewhere but I'm not touching it.) Put an add-a-leaf on the rear & you'll be all set. I can't stand body lifts either. They just seem like a half-@ssed way of lifting, plus I think they are more work to install & never quite look right with the bumpers, frame, etc. Not worth it. 3/4 ton springs are great but will make the ride even stiffer and bouncier than it already is. Just my .02

Old 02-15-2005, 02:57 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

I did the 3/4 ton springs up front and the rear looked saggy as mentioned by John... I put 2" blocks in the back to help it out... so now I have approx 2 1/2" of lift up front and 2" in back. If I were to level it, I'd need another 1 1/2" up front... I like the way it looks.

One thing I recommend (I still need to do this myself) is put in a DT tracbar... the stock one sucks. mine is not even 9 months old and it's already bad... (stock replacement)...

Quick Reply: Help with lift