2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

White Face Guages

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Kindschi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question White Face Guages

Im thinking about buying some white face guages for my truck off Craigslist, Its one Solid piece and but curious how hard they are to install and if theres any tricks or hints I should know about.

Im just worried my needles wont line up. Am I worrying to much or is there a trick to make sure they line back up.

Here's the link w/pic http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/936304453.html

PS: Gonna try and talk seller down since I can get them shipped off ebay for 20bucks. All warning lights line up with mine (he sent me another pic with a light going through back to show me).

Thanks!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:22 PM
TXcharger07
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is so cool! but it doesn't have an upshift light :/

good luck! it shouldn't be to hard, just plug and play but! odometer may be off (?) and be very careful with your dash.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:08 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sweet.. white on white! lol

Old 12-19-2008, 02:11 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It shouldn't be too hard to change out. I had a dead bug inside of my gauge cluster, that annoyed me so much that I had to figure out how to get it out.

It came out pretty easy... You should be able to get it out by removing the dash trim ring, then there are 8 screws or so that hold the plastic cover and assembly in the dash. I had to tilt the wheel and move the shift lever to get access... but not bad.

Good luck,
Cartman

Old 12-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Kindschi
Veteran

Originally Posted by EricCartman
It shouldn't be too hard to change out. I had a dead bug inside of my gauge cluster, that annoyed me so much that I had to figure out how to get it out.
Cartman
Lmao I got one in mine too! Taking the dash out aint the hard part ive done it several times, I was more worried about the needle's beeing off. Either way the guy refused to come down on price so I did not buy it..

Old 12-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Silver1500
Professional

I have something similar to those... all it is is an overlay, the guages in your truck now are just black plastic, there is a clear plastic piece that the guages lay on. You just have to look at your guages before you take the needles off, and make sure you put them back exactly where they were. All you have to do is peel off the stock, black plastic, line up the new white faced plastic, and stick it on. You may want to try to find one of the little tools for taking the needles off, becuase you have to be very careful you dont bend one of the small metal rods that the needles slide onto.
As long as you kinda take your time youll be ok, its a pretty straightforward procedure. Hopefully youll get instructions with them?

Quick Reply: White Face Guages