2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New member wanted a little help

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 09:33 PM
NEAR FATAL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New member wanted a little help

ok so i bought a 97 dodge ram 1500 for 1000 bucks which aint bad. i put a cat-back flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust system on it and thats about it so far. i want to put a 4.5" tuff country suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift on it. what problems should i be aware of? also i had a buddy that had a toyota tacoma and he had basically clear taillights but they were frosted they didnt have any red in them at all and i really wanna find them for my dodge has anyone ever heard of them or seen them? any help would be appreciated

Old 12-02-2008, 09:39 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Track bar, wheel bearings,and u-joints probably need replacement.

Please do not put some Gay-*** Ricer taillights on your truck. It is a discrace for us all.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:43 PM
NEAR FATAL

k so what else should i look at upgrading? i want an intake but from what i have read they are a waste of money along with throttle body spacers. what are the best tires to get im thinking with bout 7 inches of lift i can put 36's and should i go mud terrain or just get something functional?

Old 12-02-2008, 09:43 PM
MAJohns
Captain

don't know about the all clear lights but i do know you can get euros just about anywhere chrome black and carbon fiber. everyone has differant tastes you bought the truck its in your name and you pay for whatever is done to it so put the taillights on it if you want and good lucck finding them. i haven't seen any yet.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:44 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think that about covers everything other then maybe the sway bars. unless the kit comes with the drop brackets. the tailights i think you are looking for are very common. just go on to ebay. and they will probably have a design you would like. because i do agree. do not put alteza tailights on that turck. it looks much better and more functional to put the led lights in the back and nice one piece lights up front. and i think all of us should agree to that.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:50 PM
NEAR FATAL

ya i agree i hate alteza lights i would rather run over a ricer then make my truck look like one. im looking for a mean aggressive truck so a bull bar would probably be a good investment and i might take it back to the 80's and put a roll bar/ light bar on it LOL

Old 12-02-2008, 09:54 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and yes, i would go with the mud terrains and maybe just the 35" tires. it would be little better on gas. and of coarse make it functional.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:54 PM
MAJohns
Captain

+100 on tghe bull bar find one with 4in. tubing the look mean!!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 09:55 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Originally Posted by NEAR FATAL
k so what else should i look at upgrading? i want an intake but from what i have read they are a waste of money along with throttle body spacers. what are the best tires to get im thinking with bout 7 inches of lift i can put 36's and should i go mud terrain or just get something functional?
First of all, do a good tune-up. Napa brass cap+rotor, good plugs(no Bosch), wires, oil, trans fluid, gear oil, etc.... Most people on here have a 14x3 air cleaner that is a good first mod and they cost $50-100. TB spacers are crap. Install a performance muffler whichever ones you like. Other mods that cost more $$$ are Hughes plenum, Fastman TB, Keg Mod, 1.7 Rockers, Headers, SCT tune.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:56 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Originally Posted by MAJohns
+100 on tghe bull bar find one with 4in. tubing the look mean!!!!
Oh yeah, exhaust tubing is MEAN!!

Quick Reply: New member wanted a little help