2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

whats this part called?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 01:36 PM
tazman6789
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats this part called?

so my truck started clunking a few months ago when u turn the wheel back and forth finally got under and looked at it and this part is making the noise u can see it pop in and out when u cut the wheel back and forth. only prob is i have NO idea what its called. cant order parts without a name lol, also would this part squeek when u turn the wheel back and forth it started doing that yesterday, put my hands on every part on the suspension and couldnt feel anything making the squeek, the universal is less than a year old. im thinking lower ball joint but i dont know the noise is in the front left. Truck is a 00 ram 1500 4x4... part circled in red goes from left side of sus right behind the sway bar link and bar runs all the way to the other side of truck. does the entire thing have to be replaced i would assume?

Last edited by tazman6789; 12-27-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Track bar.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:17 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Looks like the trackbar was rebuilt with "Lukes Link" so when the trackbar was fixed before, they just replaced the one end. You have the option of doing the same, going with a stock replacement, or going with a beefy replacement. Check out www.thurenfabrication.com for there stock adjustable trackbar. Although $328 for the DT trackbar, it is well worth the money imo if you are going to fork out near that for a regular trackbar.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:02 PM
audiomechanic
Captain

Contact the people at lukeslinks and order the 'guts' to that joint. You don't even need to remove the tracbar to replace the 'guts.'

It'll be a heck of a lot cheaper than replacing the whole bar...especially when it doesn't need replacing.

Google "lukeslink" and their phone number is on their website. They're really nice people and will take care of you.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:08 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is "Lukes Link"!:http://www.lukeslink.com/

Haha im not that funny!

Old 12-10-2008, 04:10 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

If you have the 3'' lift(says so in your sig.) the Thuren Fab bar will be better for you than the Luke's Link.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:24 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Here is "Lukes Link"!:http://www.lukeslink.com/

Haha im not that funny!
I don't get it. Anyway... back to the topic. My suggestion is to go with the Thuren Trackbar and here is why. Although the lukes like is a cheaper fix, it has already failed on you. I also noticed you had a 3" lift (sig pic), and the adjustable trackbar would allow you to get your alignment of the front axle perfect. The thuren trackbar is also rebuildiable just to throw that out there. I did purchase a thuren trackbar at one point, but changed my mind of where I was going with the truck before I put it on. (I wanted to build a monster but the wallet won't allow that) I sold it for like $265 so someone picked up a good deal.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:24 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
If you have the 3'' lift(says so in your sig.) the Thuren Fab bar will be better for you than the Luke's Link.
lol.. I hate when that happens. I just said the same thing in mine, but you managed to slip in the post before I clicked submit. sorry for the repeat

Old 12-10-2008, 04:58 PM
audiomechanic
Captain

Didn't notice the 3" lift. In that case, the Thuren would be a better option, BUT, if money's tight, rebuild that Lukeslink end so your truck is drivable till you can afford the thuren.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:03 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Originally Posted by pcfixerpro
lol.. I hate when that happens. I just said the same thing in mine, but you managed to slip in the post before I clicked submit. sorry for the repeat
If you look at the time diff between my post and yours, there is a 14 min time difference.

Quick Reply: whats this part called?