2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Are Mickey thompson Baja claw radial that bad

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:37 AM
slowram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Mickey thompson Baja claw radial that bad

Hey guys i bought some Mickey thompson Baja claw radial this summer there 315/75/16 and we had are first snow here this year and they suck i spin like crazy i can barely move and easily go side ways around a turn and i dont even have gears and it spins that bad. Last year i had Yokohama geolanders and i had no problem getting around in the snow. But i dont have any shocks in the back this year i still have the stock size ranchos so they dont work at all since i have 5 inch of lift would shocks make this much of a diff for traction or are the bajas that bad in the snow thanks help please

Old 12-16-2008, 09:51 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Your lack of shocks definitely isn't helping anything, that's for sure. Can't comment on the specific tire's handling.

Shocks push the spring taught to stop the spring from bouncing, but they also stabilize and stiffen up the suspension and push it toward the ground.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:34 PM
J.Suplanski
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Baja

Says it all! Sand

Quick Reply: Are Mickey thompson Baja claw radial that bad