2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Quick question

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 08:03 AM
bobboraze
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question

In terms of the overhead temperature/mpg console thing behind the rearview mirror. Is that only available on the off road model?

As well, more importantly, the volume/channel on the steering wheel, is that only available on select models as well?

Thank you!
- Bob

Last edited by bobboraze; 12-18-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:24 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

My truck is not an off road and I have the overhead council deal. I think it is just the upper models.

I do not have the steering wheel radio controls though. I think the truck has to have the upgraded stereo to have those. My truck has leather and it doesn't even have those (but I ordered it with the tape deck only).

Old 12-18-2008, 12:08 PM
punkrguy
Professional

I have the sport and it has both the overhead console and the steering wheel controls. Maybe the non-sport guys wanna chime in with what comes stock on theres?

Old 12-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My plain jane ST didn't even come with any overhead console at all. I installed one I pulled out of an SLT though. The mounts were there, just no wiring. Had to cut a hole in my headliner too. Once you do that, your committed.

Quick Reply: Quick question