2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

trans linking BAD help

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 06:52 PM
dodgeboy7
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default trans linking BAD help

So i left my truck outside last night and we had about an inch of ice or so "west grove Pa" i know some you guy live around here. I pulled my truck inside to let the ice melt off. Pull it out and there was a small puddle of trans fuild on the floor about 4in round. So i pulled it in and took a look at the pan. It was a little wet so i clean it and check and the bolts. Went to clean my shop up and pull the truck out about 20mins later and there was about 3qt of trans fluild on the floor. The trans is only wet on the pan so it has the be the gasket right? I also just did a serse on it about 3 mouths ago and ever seem a drop out if it. What should i do?

Old 12-21-2008, 08:57 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

was the puddle directly under the pan?

Old 12-21-2008, 10:17 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Youve got a serious problem if you have 3 quarts on the ground. Better get under there with a flash light and a mirror and look all around.

Clean it off, start it up in park and get under it and look all around.

Quick Reply: trans linking BAD help