2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

FNG, badass little wagon.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 03:43 AM
littleredwagon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FNG, badass little wagon.

Hey guys, been lurking on here for a while, got lots of good info, come across a question with my truck that i couldnt find in search.

Anyways its a 2000 dodge ram 1500, 318, auto, nothin special really but shes my little gem. anyways, long story short im wanting to lower the front about an inch, give a little rake but keep it from getting too low. Reason being i live in saskatchewan canada, and a 2wd truck scraping the pavement is gonna be a useless hunk of iron 5 months out of the year. With me moving bikes around on occasion, mine especially, shes gotta work all year.

Anyways i was wondering about the lowering thing, and also whats the cheapest most effective way to get posi or a lunchbox locker in the rear end of my little beasty? What have you guys done/used/installed thats given best bang for the buck?

Thanks alot guys!

Old 12-23-2008, 03:45 AM
littleredwagon

I forgot, just in case anyone was curious, heres a mug shot from the day i bought her.

Name:  DSC01061.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  202.9 KB

Old 12-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, welcome to the forum. I'll move this to the Ram section so your question will be answered.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the lowering I would say the easiest thing would be to look around for some lowering springs. I would check summit racing and jegs for a posi unit. They seem to run around $400-$500 for a decent one.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:44 PM
littleredwagon

i looked around at lots of lowering springs, seems nobody makes anything in a one inch drop, at least not as far as ive been able to find.

thanks guys!

Old 12-23-2008, 05:25 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Maybe I'm stupid! Well not maybe! LOL But I don't get why you want to lower it, just to give it some rake? What about raising the rear with air shocks or air bags?

Old 12-23-2008, 07:01 PM
dodgeman22
Veteran

hey littleredwagon u live in toon town so do i

Old 12-23-2008, 11:31 PM
littleredwagon

indeed i do, however im down southeast sask at my parents place till sometime next week.

nah zman, youre not stupid. im trying to go for a hotrod kinda look, and i wanna settle it down on the front a bit. the plan is to make it sortof a sleeper, a bit pepped up but basically stock looking on the outside. i used to be really into hotrods, rat rods, drag cars, stuff like that, was an autobody tech for a while, im just goin for a hotrod wagon look.

anyways reason im asking is with my jeep, when i first started modding it, there was different sets of coil springs that transferred over, v8 coils from a grand cherokee for one inch of lift, front coils from a ford f150 2wd for a one inch drop, that sort of thing. im just wondering if theres any salvage yard mods like that for a simple one inch drop. if such a thing exists, grand, if not, then ill find a way to make due.

hey dodgeman my trucks got flopro exhaust as well, who does those kits? im wondering if theyre true dual exhaust or just a blingy bolt on, i mean it sounds great but the system was on the truck when i got it and i dont know a whole lot about it.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:16 AM
dodgeman22
Veteran

mine is a one into two flo pro u can get true duel but i was cheep haha im also down south more of the middle im only in saskatoon for school im taking heavy duty mechanics threw siast im in lafleche right now at the family farm, its not so much a blingy bolt on it adds power but im going to go straight pipe the cops around here love the sound of straigt pipe and saskatoon doesnt i got a ticket for my exhaust so i had to quiet it down so i did a temp fix haha were abouts is your fam

Old 12-24-2008, 02:11 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice lookin truck...on my 78 f100, i cut 1 full coil out and it gave me about "2 of drop...keep in mind that those are 30 year old springs.....cutting off 1/2-3/4 should give ya what ya want and not affect your spring rate

Quick Reply: FNG, badass little wagon.