2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ranch Hand bumber and truck pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 04:50 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I wanted to change the look to something like that I would look into them. I like the stock look with a big brush guard though. I really like them rims.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:03 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Like I said before, it looks great. But what about the weight on a 1500 (although you do have a SFA, maybe a bit stronger than a 1500 IFS) did you do anything to re-enforce? If not, did you notice any sag?

Not to steal your thread, but does anyone know where I can buy some diamond plate? Looking for aluminum. My winch mount on my Trans4mer grill/brush guard is flat black against the stainless Trans4mer. I don't like the look. Thinking I can use a brake and cut/bend some to fit over it and rivet it on. I know I could weld black steel diamond plate to it, but that defeats the purpose of trying to match the color. Any help would be appreciated...

Old 12-28-2008, 05:47 PM
firemedic0135
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Like I said before, it looks great. But what about the weight on a 1500 (although you do have a SFA, maybe a bit stronger than a 1500 IFS) did you do anything to re-enforce? If not, did you notice any sag?

Not to steal your thread, but does anyone know where I can buy some diamond plate? Looking for aluminum. My winch mount on my Trans4mer grill/brush guard is flat black against the stainless Trans4mer. I don't like the look. Thinking I can use a brake and cut/bend some to fit over it and rivet it on. I know I could weld black steel diamond plate to it, but that defeats the purpose of trying to match the color. Any help would be appreciated...

Sorry dont know of any diammond plate.I do have a couple of friends that build bikes and do other metal work so they may have a piece.How much are you needing?
I didnt notice any sag at all with the bumper.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:48 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Steal someone's toolbox.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:51 PM
firemedic0135
Rookie

Originally Posted by MAJohns
how do those tires perform in the mud? and last on the highway?
Tires go great in the mud,and on the hills.The grip is great and they clean out really well.
On they road they are fine.They are loud and sound like a WWII fighter though. Its cool for a bit but the noise can be a tad annoying on longer stretches of the highway,but then again I didn get them for the highway.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:02 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by firemedic0135
Sorry dont know of any diammond plate.I do have a couple of friends that build bikes and do other metal work so they may have a piece.How much are you needing?
I didnt notice any sag at all with the bumper.
Not much, I was hoping for a couple pieces and I could use a brake to bend it on the angles, but if need be, I could butt smaller pieces at the curves. You'd not see the seams from more than a couple of feet away.
Basically the exposed black steel of the winch mount. If you saw the whole truck, my toolbox, bed rail guards & tail gate guard is all aluminum diamond plate, so I think it would go well. Plus the color would match the grille guard.

Name:  HPIM2936.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  93.2 KB

Old 12-28-2008, 06:21 PM
SmokeGrinder
Professional

i cant find those bumpers anywhere with ranch hand...link? part number? or even the name...very nice look of the bumpers

Old 12-28-2008, 08:11 PM
firemedic0135
Rookie

Originally Posted by SmokeGrinder
i cant find those bumpers anywhere with ranch hand...link? part number? or even the name...very nice look of the bumpers
http://www.ranchhand.com/FrontBumperReplacements.aspx

Old 12-28-2008, 08:11 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Not to steal your thread, but does anyone know where I can buy some diamond plate? Looking for aluminum.
If you only need a small amount... try looking here: http://www.metalsdepot.com/products/...cc=%20&aident=

Probably better pricing than you would find at Lowes or Home Depot.

Good luck!
Cartman

Old 12-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Jpnorris87
Professional

Well I didnt have any squat on mine and didnt do anything to the front suspension. I dont think I will have any problems in the future with in but I am goin to get rid of my set up once I build another, maybe not quite as heavey this time. Oh yeah, the brush guard is a ranch hand also.

Quick Reply: Ranch Hand bumber and truck pics