2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

P0430 AnyClues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 03:50 PM
98BlueSport
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0430 AnyClues?

P0430- catalyst system efficiency below threshold. CEL came on so I had it ran. ^ that is the code it gave me. Truck was running fine with the light on, actually seemed like it was running better, but prolly just an allusion of the mind. So I just reset the computer, and the light hasnt come back on and its still running fine. Any clues what might have caused this. Oh and I also ran a full bottle of that chevron techron stuff in it after i reset the computer

Old 01-02-2009, 07:30 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

It basically means that the oxygen sensor behind the catalytic converter (called the downstream sensor) thinks that the catalytic converter isn't working properly.

If it doesn't come back, I'd let it go. At some point though, you may want to think about replacing the catalytic converter. How many miles on your truck?

And on a side note, how do you like your Firestone Destination M/Ts? I'm thinking of getting either those or the Destination A/Ts for my next set of tires.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:15 PM
98BlueSport
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trucks got approx. 145xxx on it. Just had the downstream sensor replaced about a year ago. But I like the tires alot. never got the truck struck yet. They are the best in light snow, but I think they are the best off road tires. Had it out in the sand going up steep hills in 4hi and never ever had a problem with them

Quick Reply: P0430 AnyClues?