2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Running Chevy's!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 02:42 PM
BiggBlu601
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running Chevy's!!

So i had my exhuast done the other day and i was in town with my 01 running to the store and all and i had some young kids pull up beside me in a newer model chevy single cab with exhuast body lift and some aftermarkert rims and tires. Well i guess he here's my truck idling and revs his up. So i did the same. Well the light turned green and i took off and so did he. I punched the gas and we were neck and neck for a min then i started to pull away and left him in the dust. I was so proud of the 5.2 and all. I dont know if it was a 5.3 or a 4.8 i was racing but it was a early 2000 model with that motor and not the older kind with a 5.7. Anywayz though i would share and say how much i love my DODGE.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Vader
Champion

Nice, I would be embarrassed to run my truck against anything, 0-60 in 2.2 days.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:38 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im 100% positive it was the little 4.8

I ran a 5.3 chevy ext cab in my fathers 97 5.2 ext cab ram. My fathers is even a 5spd. and the chevy spanked me. This was over 5 years ago back in high school.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:29 PM
BiggBlu601
Veteran

thats kool but it still was a fun little run there.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:07 PM
IceCreamNazi
Professional
Talking

Originally Posted by Vader
Nice, I would be embarrassed to run my truck against anything, 0-60 in 2.2 days.
Don't forget the mandatory fuel stop!! LOL

Old 01-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Gotta feed them horses
Professional

I spank Hemis. I spank all trucks especially ford. It's kinda funny when the little fords let up to make it look like they didn't try. The fastest trucks ive seen are the new Tundras.. I haven't raced one yet but I might not win. I am also a reckless driver so I win races by default a lot.... run red lights.. go 115 thru school zones.. lol.. im kidding... I did get my piece of sheisse up to 120 on the interstate... wasn't that bad.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:12 PM
JackJ
Captain

I challenge people to race all the time, no one ever wants to run my race though, I always pick my JEEP and the biggest mud hole I can find.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:36 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotta feed them horses
I spank Hemis. I spank all trucks especially ford. It's kinda funny when the little fords let up to make it look like they didn't try. The fastest trucks ive seen are the new Tundras.. I haven't raced one yet but I might not win. I am also a reckless driver so I win races by default a lot.... run red lights.. go 115 thru school zones.. lol.. im kidding... I did get my piece of sheisse up to 120 on the interstate... wasn't that bad.
yeah your truck purdy quick, makes me want to do gears also so damn exspensive though

Old 01-11-2009, 10:13 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agree with gotta feed.the hemi is way over rated. drove'em,rode in 'em,and smoked them with no problem.

and the day shift foreman at work has a new 8 liter chevy 4x4 extended cab and i have drove it a couple times. not that impresive either. i know my truck would outrun his too. but pulling a trailer or having a big load in the bed would be much different.

i have only drove one truck that i would never even attempt to make a run at. and that is the lightning.but i have not drove any of the new foreign trucks.alot of guys at work try to be "the one with the newest truck out". so i get to ride and drive alot of new ones.gas and diesel. i just keep my old one and keep upgrading it. in some shape or form. i love not having a big payment.and having something that will spank them in performance. they all like to dig at each other about it. they dig at me a little about having a older truck than them but non of them ever dig on me about performance, as they do each other. they all have road and drove mine too.lol

now the gas mileage thing is a whole different story.sucks.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 AM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

my truck does a 0-60 in -2.5 seconds... so beat that... haha... Everything goes backwards when I drive my truck, including time... I wrote this message tomorrow..

JimK

Quick Reply: Running Chevy's!!