2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Part time set up for a 99 2500

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:43 AM
rtaylor
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part time set up for a 99 2500

Has anyone changed their CAD axle to part time?? I was reading some articles on better MPG on fullsize pickups and the mag article showed some tests of products that helped improve mileage by as much as 5 mpg, one of the items was a part time conversion from Dynatrac that converts the front axle to hubs its a bit pricey lists for 2 thousand!! I was wondering if there is/was a way to change the front hubs over from donor parts from an older Dana axle similiar to the Dynatrac kit?? Anyone out there changed their Ram over to part time? The results from the test in the article showed a little over 3 mpg which considering I am only getting a little over 10 now thats quite an improvement. The best mpg improvement came from an aftermarket overdrive added to the tailshaft of the trans, it got over 5 mpg but was very pricey also. Is it worth it?? What do you think? I would like to change mine over, I love my truck but as all Dodge owners say the mpg SUCKS. Specs on my truck....99 3/4 ton 5.9 gas, only mods are a K&N fresh air system everything else is bone stock, axles are 4.10s............Thanks Any thoughts ideas are appreciated

Quick Reply: Part time set up for a 99 2500