2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cooling System
Print Wikipost

Two ECT Sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Acapalic
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats my friend, It really is great news to hear that you got it working and that she purrs like a kitten now. Wish we could have stumbled on to it earlier so that we could have saved you the frustration. Ive been looking around as well for the second ECT sensor, it has to be in the back of the motor if its moved. Im not to sure tho.

God speed and great job.

Old 11-05-2021, 05:31 PM
Tra
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foolgladly
Hi all. I've been browsing and searching for the last two days, and this is truly an amazing site. Nice to see such an active and positive community.

I've got a 98 1500 Pickup with the 5.2. I've searched extensively for this and come up dry. There are some mentions of there being TWO Engine Coolant Temperature sensors, but I can't verify that through the shop manual. I was told by a local shop that the truck was throwing the code for that, and it's running terribly, dying all the time in a similar fashion to what I've seen posted on here a number of times.

I replaced the sensor (twice), and can't get the check engine light to go off, or the truck to get back to running properly. It's driving me insane, and I'm planning on trying an IAC Valve replacement on Tuesday, but I'm concerned that the check engine light didn't go off after the ECT replacement, so I'm wondering if there is, in fact, another one somewhere. Rock Auto lists an Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor as well as a SENDER, with different part numbers, but the photos of the units appear nearly identical.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for having such a tremendous site.
Did u unhook the battery b4 doing the sensor? If not then unhook it for 5 to 10 min. Then hook it back up. It should be off, as long as the problem is fixed it won't come back on. If it's not fixed it will come back on eventually.

Quick Reply: Two ECT Sensors?