2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

weird noise problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:17 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default weird noise problem

i've been having these weird noise problems that have been plaguing me lately. i can't remember when they started, but its starting to get to me lol. the first one is at exactly 2100 rpms accelerating, the engine just give me a horrible rattle. it feels like a bad vibration from something, no idea. does it in park as well, not just driving. doesnt do anything else except that, as far as power consumption or anything. hasn't really bothered me that much, so it's not that big of a deal to me really.
second noise problem is at exactly 1500 rpms, there is a really annoying noise that seems to be coming from inside the dash? like a cross between a rattle and a kshhhhhh sound (sorry, typing phonetics is hard lol)it's extremely audible from inside the cab. but it serioulsy sounds like its coming from the dash. this also has no other side effects. its weird. any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:11 PM
madmax0r
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check your heat shields between the exhaust and your motor mounts..

go under the truck and take a rubber mallot, start tapping on things to see if it makes a similar noise.. these trucks have loose parts every once in a while it seems

Old 02-12-2009, 08:33 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok, will do, thanks!

Quick Reply: weird noise problem