2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

truck doesnt idle well

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 08:41 PM
pipman97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck doesnt idle well

my 97 2wd ram was in need of a tune up so last friday i replaced plug,wires cap and rotor dont know if this did anything to make the idle bad or not the test drive after tune up it did fine but today i went to start it up and it didnt idle well at all on my way threw a parking lot driving slow it died on me and started right up and then i drove to the nearest gas staion to fill up and as i pulled up it died again and so on it accelereated well
i took it home and raised the hood and found a vacum hose lose but hooked it up and still acts the same way

anyone had this problem or can tell me what might be wrong

Old 02-14-2009, 08:10 PM
pipman97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have driven the truck for a couple of day since i had written this the 1 st time was friday to and from work it only died once at the first stop sign after leaving my house that morning but hasnt done it since

now the day it started this i had ran the gas really low but filled up do u guys think i picked up some trash from the bottom of the tank???

Old 02-14-2009, 10:20 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

maybe. it also might have some condensation in the gas tank. put in a bottle of chevron techron fuel treatment, or anything that claims to remove the water from gas. also double check all you vac hoses. trace each one and feel it for cracks or breaks or hanging loose.

Quick Reply: truck doesnt idle well