2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck had a good day!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 01:37 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Truck had a good day!

First off, took it for a nice wash to get the winter grime off of it. Man, I forgot how good it looked clean!

Then I emptied all the junk I accumulated in it during the last few months. I must've been carrying around 300 lbs of miscellaneous crap!

Then I cleaned and detailed the interior finally. Had dust bunnies on the dash!

Then I removed some old stickers off the tool box and put new retaining bolts on it so the box is finally secured to the bed. I used to just let gravity do the work.

Then I installed my new Recon Big Rig lights that arrived this week. I really have no experience installing electronics but with the directions and my Chiltons, it was really pretty easy. Just time consuming. And I did it only with a flashlight to see. But boy, do they LOOK COOL!!! No, I don't have pics but you can check out Recon's site for their pics. They fit really well right on the pinch weld under the door and I wired them so they stay on bright all the time. No blinky, blinky.

It feels so good to get some projects done once. We had nice sun today so that motivated me but it was only about 35 degrees and I was outside from noon until 9:20.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:20 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine is happy too! LOL A new no touch car wash just opened by me, and the rear of my truck w/racks fit under the height max bar by like an 1/8". That is until I put the 2" Topgunz leveling kit on I got last week. Obviously the rear is higher right now, so I hope the front still fits under.

Quick Reply: Truck had a good day!