2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Good Combination?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:10 PM
BlueDemon01
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Combination?

I was going to order off of JEGS, both shorty Edelbrock headers and a Flowmaster exhaust system. The headers are nicely ceramic coated, and I was aiming for the american thunder dual exhaust. Single inlet with dual outlet.
Would this be a good choice? I'd like to get an opinion from someone before I spend $800

Old 02-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you check Summit? I always seem to find them cheaper then Jegs, and better selection.

I have Edelbrock 65642 silver ceramic coated shorty headers. I like them ok. Gains mostly in the high rpm range, but they look good too. I had to replace them after 3 years though, one of them cracked. From what I read, that's not bad life for headers though. I replaced them with the same ones.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:54 PM
BlueDemon01
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've looked around summit a bit, but i'll compare. I think it was them who had the 50 dollar oversize package fee, while jegs is 9 bucks.
Those edelbrocks are the exact ones I was looking at. 300 dollars every three years isnt too bad for some good sound. Did you notice any difference besides sound?

Quick Reply: Good Combination?