2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Quick Audio Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009 | 05:24 PM
ramshmabs
|
Default Quick Audio Question

Okay so I was readin the thread audio guru's but couldn't find my answer.. Lets say I got new door speakers, and a 10" sub behind the seat, what kind of amp would I get to power both the speakers in the door and the sub? I'm kinda clueless when it comes to pickin those things out. Thanks!

Old 02-19-2009 | 07:04 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Either a 4 channel where you can bridge 2 of the channels and leave the other two unbridged. I assume they have these. I've seen some 3 channel amps where are specifically made for powering a sub and some speakers.

Or you could run 2 amps. You could run a 2 channel amp for the speakers and single channel one for the subs. I do this only I have a 4 channel amp for the speakers as I power my front and rear speakers with it.

Old 02-19-2009 | 07:07 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

I would suggest on going the 2 amps route that hometheaterman suggested, you will be much better off, going with a 3 channel amp is usually somewhat of a cheap way of doing it and wont put proper power to either the sub or the speakers... you could do the 4 channel amp with one set bridged and another undbridged, but you will probably spend as much money finding a 4 channel amp that has the power to put into a sub and into speakers as you would getting a good 2 channel for the speakers and a good mono for the sub.

Quick Reply: Quick Audio Question