2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water in system

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Pysiek
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No it wasn't running hot.

Ok. I will remove the alternator first.

Also what can cause that my car running rough? I just have rebuild my transmission. Transmission is working great except that I have to push the gas pedal more harder to make the car rich speed limit. The guys at AAMCO told me that they replaced the torque converter and everything is fine with my transmission. So I have assumed that the problem of losing my truck power is somewhere in engine. Maybe spark plugs? Catalytic Converter?
Any thoughts?

Thanks

Old 03-01-2009, 05:27 PM
robinbobin
Rookie

the sucking sound from the engine when you accelerate could be a vacuum leak causing some loss of power, and rough idle. When i replaced a whole bunch of stuff on my truck like the plenum gasket i had lost power to and noticed a loud vacuum leak. fixed it and it was fine. I also added a gasket inbetween my intake and throttle body. made a huge difference. hope this helps

Old 03-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Pysiek
Professional

You added an extra gasket or yo have replaced the old one? Where is the vacuum located?

Old 03-02-2009, 05:30 PM
robinbobin
Rookie

the gasket that goes between the air filter housing and the throttle body i added. some people have them on their trucks and some dont. my buddy had one that was just felt. i actually cut my own out of rubber. if you dont understand what im talking about pm me and i can get some pictures of what im talking about. and the for the vacuum. i dont think there is an actuall vacuum/pump. the engine creates it itself. am i right guys? lol

Old 03-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Pysiek
Professional

Funny story guys.

I bought my dodge from an "amigo" he haven't take a good care of it. But last week a guy from my work hit my dodge in front bumper. Right now his insurance fixing the whole front for FREE!!!

Awesome :-)

Old 03-03-2009, 03:01 PM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, you should upgrade to a sport front....was yours already messed up? tell em youre hearing water under the dash now

Old 03-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Pysiek
Professional

Dakota...Good One but I have already fixed the water :-)

Total cost of repairs for my truck $1800.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Pysiek
Professional

Guys maybe I should start a new thread but I can see that some people are really checking this one already.

I have a tailgate for my truck. Its already primed. Right now I have to paint it and put it in my truck.
Do you think that I can paint it myself? Can I buy a spray paint in cans matching my car paint?
I can do it with the gun but then i will have to borrow it from my friend,and I don't really have a much time to do it.

Or maybe the best action is to just take my tailgate to a paint shop?

Old 03-04-2009, 01:08 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depending on how good you want......you can get spray paint at autozone that is your color and the nozzle fans, so it looks pretty decent, paint and clear about $20 or so.....with a gun youre lookin at prob at least $75 for paint and clear.....shop qouted $100 for a rollpan for me....so, its all in what you want

Old 03-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Pysiek
Professional

I have to ask the body shop where they fixing my dodge know

Quick Reply: Water in system