2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mufflers or what?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 05:47 AM
[roger]
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Mufflers or what?

So I was wondering how much would a basic setup set me back all I know that my truck is already 10years old and it needs a new system it not ripe or broken but rusted and it been bone stock.

My Dodge is a 5.9 sport
and fyi I fix my transmission it was two sensors that regulate the transmission pressure.

and if anyone knows of a good muffler shop in houston it would be greatly received

Old 02-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on how much new pipe you run, what size you run, and what type of muffler you use. For a whole new cat-back exhaust system you would probably be looking at a few hundred with 2.5 or 3" pipe and a premium muffler.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:42 PM
[roger]
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eh I got just a muffler. it a flowmaster series 40 1-1 system it just temporary, I wish I could have gotten the cherrybomb with all the trimming but as soon as i got home my nieghbor started bitching about the revs. So a cherrybomb is not available until I move out or when I take the truck to mexico but that when i find a new truck.

Quick Reply: Mufflers or what?