2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tail Light Out

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 04:25 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail Light Out

Well now that my third brake light likes to work intermittently; my driver side tail light wanted to join the bandwagon. I can't really risk getting pulled over for a tail light because of the dark tint and loud exhaust, so I had to make an appointment with the measly dealership to see why the tail light isn't working (yes, i replaced the bulb). Must be a faulty wire or something..

Old 03-07-2009, 11:05 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blown fuse?

Old 03-08-2009, 02:35 PM
dblj16380
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know a couple of years ago my drivers side lights started intermitently working. This was the brake light, backup light and the turn signal. Everything else was working fine and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the problem was. I ended up jumping under my truck and the plug connector that hooks the wires from the front of the truck to the housing had wiggled itself loose and started loosing connection. I pushed it back together and clipped it in and everything has been good since then.

Just a thought, but you could double check that before you have to spend a **** load at the stealership to figure things out.

EDIT: Wow, I actually typed in $h!t (but the real spelling) and it automatically put **** instead. I just thought that was kinda funny.

Quick Reply: Tail Light Out