2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Windshield Wiper Fuse block blown: Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:29 AM
07ZIXSIX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wiper Fuse block blown: Help

Hi all I am not really new to the forum just had to resign in (formerly CaptainPioneer)

I recently blew out the fuse block that controls my Windshield wipers and spray jets...

I have a 96 Dode Ram 1500 V6 2 wd 5 spd Standard.

Will I have to rewire the whole system for the wipers or can i remove the box and go from there?

Any help would greatly be appriciated...

Oh thought it would be interesting to provide how i blew it out any way:

I am running around 3kw for amps in my truck and I had accidentally, while running a wire from my cap, touched the + lead to the frame around my fuse box... it arced and fried 4 fuses and apparently the Windshield wiper motor and block...

And nope I didnt have it hooked up to the battery... it was the power stored insided the Cap that all discharged at once

Old 03-13-2009, 11:42 AM
07ZIXSIX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I checked both the new motor and the old one... Both work fine... So it seems to be a wire somewhere that is burned/chaffed or cut... Anyone here have the wiring diagram for this?

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Fuse block blown: Help