2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

anyone with cad delete?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009 | 11:17 PM
nickkendall
|
Rookie
Default anyone with cad delete?

has anyone tried a cad delete kit where the passenger side axles are replaced with 1 solid one and the cad hole is blocked off?
seems like it would be great offroad but don't know bout on road
it is the bottom one on this link
http://www.emsoffroad.com/products/hubconvert.htm
i have tried cad and the posi lock and cad was not reliable and the posi lock would kick out on me once in a while
for the price of the posi lock i am thinking about trying this solid axle just lookin for opinions

Old 03-18-2009 | 11:28 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Have not tried it personally, but I know when my CAD gives out, I will be replacing it with a solid axle instead of a posi lock system. Simple and effective.

I cant see any problems using it on the road. Heck, the newer dodges come that way... no CAD. They don't have any problems.
Actually, I think the last 2nd gen 3/4 tons didnt have a CAD either (like 2002, and maybe 01 also).

Last edited by olyelr; 03-18-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-19-2009 | 12:29 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame

the only disadvantage of the solid axle would be that your turning more mass in 2wd, including ring, pinion, front drive shaft. it might create more noise, a little less mpg, might wear out front drive shaft u-joints sooner. if you drove mostly on local roads it probably wouldn't matter much. if you're high mileage highway miles, its probably going to wear out some parts sooner.

any idea why you posilok jumps out? might doesn't do that, it stays wherever you put it.

Old 03-19-2009 | 10:41 AM
Aubrey
Record Breaker

Your PosiLok is not adjusted properly.
I thought about that delete option when I got mine and decided not to. I agree that it will cause additional wear and a milage decrease. My main reason was I still wanted to disengage the front seperately so I could get around switchbacks here. If you're not doing tight turns offroad and not doing high highway miles, I'd consider it.

Quick Reply: anyone with cad delete?