2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Changing Speakers (infinity system)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:59 AM
RamWood
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Changing Speakers (infinity system)

I am going to change the front speakers. I have a high output deck that puts out enough RMS to power them shown here:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB52...ures_and_specs

I then will not need the amp that comes with the original system.

1) where do they put the amp so I can take it out?
2) Any issues you can see with this install?

I was just going to run all new wire, and put the new speakers in the same mounting locations that the original speakers were located.

thanks in advance!

Old 03-23-2009, 12:17 PM
BaiN631
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those speakers will not be compatible with the door speakers.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:19 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

The front door speakers are 6x9, the rears 5.25". You can adapt either to 6.5" pretty easily I guess, so I don't know why you couldn't adapt the fronts to 5.25". My question is... why would you want to? I'd go 6.5", better speakers usually.

If you have the factory "high end" infinity system, or just the infinity speaker system, the amps are two separate boxes, one attached to each front speaker. The rears do not have any amps attached to them.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 AM
RamWood
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jason.w
The front door speakers are 6x9, the rears 5.25". You can adapt either to 6.5" pretty easily I guess, so I don't know why you couldn't adapt the fronts to 5.25". My question is... why would you want to? I'd go 6.5", better speakers usually.

If you have the factory "high end" infinity system, or just the infinity speaker system, the amps are two separate boxes, one attached to each front speaker. The rears do not have any amps attached to them.
I didn't know that the fronts were 6x9? I must have put something into the crutchfield site wrong? yes I will deff. look for something in th 6.5" size then.

thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Changing Speakers (infinity system)