2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Head light removel

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 04:29 AM
cwbykeep
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Head light removel

Ok so i am wanting to replace the head light covers on my ram 1500 nonsport.... does any one know how i can get the headlight assembly out for both the head light and corner lights also.....Any and all help will be great thanks

Old 03-25-2009, 06:00 AM
mcss8541
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cwbykeep
Ok so i am wanting to replace the head light covers on my ram 1500 nonsport.... does any one know how i can get the headlight assembly out for both the head light and corner lights also.....Any and all help will be great thanks
There is a couple of screws above and beneath the headlight. You acess this from the front. You'll know which ones because the plastic housing has tabs that these go into. On the side markers it's a little tight but if you remove the headlight first it should be ok. Haynes or Chilton manual is a great investment and there's a section that covers this

Old 03-25-2009, 08:44 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep, three bolts I believe. Two are on the inside corners, one top, one bottom. A third is on the bottom outside corner, kinda by the turn signal housing. After that, its pretty much pull straight out. There is a tab that is in, so they will come out hard, but if you pull straight and steady, shouldn't be a problem.

The Haynes/Chilton probably details this a little better, the 2001 manual (look in the DIY thread for the "Merry Christmas" thread link) should also detail this.

Quick Reply: Head light removel