2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Body Lift / Add a leaf / coil spacers??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 12:01 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nathangfnd

The tcase drop kit??? When i look online it always just gives me a tcase indexing ring...Same thing? looks like it pushes the tcase or front driveshaft forward into the front axle??? is this correct

No, it rotates the transfer case so the front output is lower, which makes the front drive shaft angle better. The skyjacker 7" kit comes with the indexing ring.

Most lifts of 8" or more that have a lot of flex will need either an indexing ring or a different front drive shaft made for the severe angle.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:04 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Unless you just want to got through cv joints like TP.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:20 PM
nathangfnd
Captain

well i decided to just get a 2 inch add a leaf from trailmasters. it came with a bunch of bolts but i dont know if i need them yet since the lift is basically brand new, and my u bolts are already long enough and should come off easy.

I will install this weekend and get a good amount of pics and right up, although it should be easy, if all i should need to do is drop the axle enough to get the leaf in.

i dont know if i need to put new center pin in. And it came with some steel brakets that go arond the entire leaf spring braket but im not really sure of where, Next to the u bolts or up by the shackel???

Ill look online more to find if anyone else has done it but if anyone here has done it i would like some info,

And for the center pin- not sure if it came with one but should i need one? It has 5 inch lift blocks ontop of the factory blocks so i dont think if the package came with one it would be long enough for the 5 inch blocks????

Old 04-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Ram_V_10

You will probably need a new center pin with the new leaf, and even if the AAL did come with one it wont be long enough to accomodate the 5" blocks you added... However a lot of AAL's are intended to replace the stock spring pack's bottom leaf (You can leave it in for the extra lift as well if you want) but if you take it out and put in the new AAL the pin you have should be long enough and you'll ony loose a fraction of an inch by removing the bottom leaf... The brackets will most likely go in between the shackel and the u-bolts just before the AAL ends (it will be shorter than the rest of the pack) and all in all it should be an easy install, like you said just drop the axel enough to get it in... and be sure to make sure you're not over extending your shock. And for the record I lifted my truck 8" and my stock driveshafts were just fine so I'd wait and see how it all looks when its done...

Last edited by Ram_V_10; 04-12-2009 at 09:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Body Lift / Add a leaf / coil spacers??????