2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Spartan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers?

I need to replace my front speakers and im not a audio nut......since im not for loud music and dont really think i could tell the differance between speakers is there any reason to buy one brand over the other? im lookat at 79-99 dollar speakers and all there specs "although they mean little to me" are about the same. I am planning on keeping the stock amps and mounting them on the adapter brackets somewhere sense i am downsizeing to 6 rounds instead of 9x6 ovals ...reason being i tried ovals and they wouldnt fit so.... one more ? they will work with the factory infinity amps right?

thanx in advance

Old 03-06-2005, 05:02 PM
darin1
Default RE: Speakers?

Best buy has 6" Kenwood speakers that sound real good and only $69

Old 03-06-2005, 09:33 PM
moparmania
Veteran

the 6x9s will produce a great sound just find a shallow set to fit in the doors. if you change to a 6 inch round you will need to buy the adapter bracket for mounting. i got a sert of kappa series infinities to replace the stock set. they are more exspensive but you can get the response set for about 90 bucks and they will run through the exsisiting amps. be careful with the door pannels they are not fun at all. i am going to buy the tool for removing them and see if it is easier. hope this was some help to you.

Old 03-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Spartan
Rookie

Thanx Moparmania i went ahead and bought the speaker+ adapters and ill figure out the amplifies later. Ya i had already taken the door panel off and it was a B***** the only thing i dont understand is how do you reuse the yellow "clips" that hold it on, there are 12 i belvive and all but one stayed in the DOOR when i took the panel off. I can remove them with some wiggling and pulling but they look like crap so i plan to replace them unless anyone else has any ideas? i will say that my local auto store didnt have em the right kind anyways but i was told lows/Homedepot has em so ill check there tommorow. By the way NEVER take your door panel off until you are ready to do the job cause running around with no power locks or windows at all is a pita. excpecialy at the drivethrews

Old 03-10-2005, 08:32 PM
440Duster

Dodge didn't really have re-use in mind for the door panel barbs!! They want to sell you new ones. I bought me a bag of 50 from the dealer to keep on hand. If you are real careful you can re-use them at least once, but usually they will not hold the door panel as tight as if you replaced them with new barbs.

Old 03-11-2005, 03:03 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have reused them on my Accord never taken the panel off the dodge though I was just careful not to break them and they seem to hold the panel on fine. I also replaced my panels with some used ones that only had a few of the plastic clip things and some broken and I reused mine again from my old door and they seem to work fine.

Old 03-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Grizzly

I have done a lot business with Crutchfield over the years and they are good group to deal with. A tech line is always open to their customers. Call them and tell them what you want to do. Not only do they sell the hardware but the adapters to put it in, even wiring. Usually it is a simple mechanical assembly, no wiring. Bolt in, plug in, and go.

They know what fits where and what should be used where. For instance when I replaced the speakers on the rear deck of my sedan, they told me to only use speakers made with certain materials because of the sun beating in on it. In the doors I know moisture is the problem.

They're not the cheapest, but good service costs a little too...................

By the way, for a medium priced speaker with good bass, I like Polks.................

Old 03-11-2005, 09:00 PM
nmason
Veteran

i just upgraded mine a couple months ago. ive got a new kenwood cd/mp3 deck. i chose a pair of 6x9 infinity speakers from futureshop/best buy. i paid $175CDN and they sound amazing.

Quick Reply: Speakers?