2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Made some progress

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Trey318
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea this bronco was a little rough too. No motor in it, because the owner wants to stick the 302 in it himself. Its lookin pretty good now though. We're supposed to paint the orange stripe on the flares this weekend and rivet em on. Hopefully finish it too.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:51 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nice pics. i've never seen one w/the dash completely out.
it gives me cold chills.

where in that dash mess is the heater core ?
and did you have to evac a/c and/or replace the evap coil ?

Old 04-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Trey318
Captain

Heater core is in the HVAC housing. Right side of the dash if youre facing the front from inside the cab. You pull the HVAC, take it apart, take out the core, and replace it.

Yea we had to recharge the AC afterward. Didn't replace anything else. Looked like it had an aftermarket evap core though.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:16 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Why the heck did you totally remove the entire dash? Obviously it made it easier to gain access to the heater core, but damn, thats allot of work. All I did was removed the upper bolts by the windshield, lower the steering column until it hit the seat, and tilted the dash back as far as it would go. Oh, I also removed my passenger side airbag for additional room.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:34 AM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn ... respect.

The sticker on the Jeep means it was owned by someone that needed to get on base.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:44 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah i paid someone to do my heater core , i knew it would be a big job, looks weird to see the whole dash apart , nice pics

Old 04-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Trey318
Captain

Originally Posted by olyelr
Why the heck did you totally remove the entire dash? Obviously it made it easier to gain access to the heater core, but damn, thats allot of work. All I did was removed the upper bolts by the windshield, lower the steering column until it hit the seat, and tilted the dash back as far as it would go. Oh, I also removed my passenger side airbag for additional room.
I had glass in the air ducts and leaves up in the blower that make noise, plus I was having some other A/C problems that I wanted to look at, and even with the dash lowered as low as itll go, you cant see crap behind the dash. And least not easily. It was also tons easier to install my hidden antenna kit as well as to get my passenger airbag cover out to paint.

Quick Reply: Made some progress