2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

stupid ? about auto rearview mirror

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 12:54 AM
macsnjets
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid ? about auto rearview mirror

ok, I recently bought my ram 1500 and it has the auto dimming rearview mirror. Obviously the button on the bottom has to be in and the indicator light on but what should make it dim or move like a manual mirror. When I shine a flashlight into the sensor at the top nothing happens but I think there is another sensor in the front side of the mirror. I just want to see if it works as it is supposed to cuz I've never seen it do anything when people are approaching from behind at night. Does anybody know how this thing is supposed work ?

Old 03-06-2005, 10:56 AM
stic
Professional
Default RE: stupid ? about auto rearview mirror

my 01 dak had the same thing.the mirror itself doesnt move,it automatically changes its clarity in the dark.thats why theres no lever on the mirror.it actually is kinda neat,for the most part.if the headlights from the car behind you are still bright when its nighttime....theres prob something wrong.when it works like its supposed to,its like the rearview mirrow turns smoke color to stop you from being blinded.i dunno if you can distinguish this in the daytime though.

Old 03-06-2005, 03:03 PM
macsnjets

I had no idea it did that. I always thought the auto dimming mirrors moved as if it automatically moved the lever. I'll have to keep an eye out to see it change its clarity. Thanks.

Old 03-06-2005, 03:41 PM
stic
Professional

no prob

Quick Reply: stupid ? about auto rearview mirror