2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Body Lifts

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Acapalic
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh i see what ur asking now, And im not the person to ask, I have no experince with lifts as of yet. As for looking good with ur 33`s , that changes with opinion , but i think if the 33`s are of agressive tread , it would look pretty cool.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Ram_V_10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's a Body lift you're talking about then the spacer will definately work with it... If its a suspension lift then it will come with new coils (and shocks if its not too cheap) for the front and either a block or AAL for the rear, which means you'd still be able to use your spacers with the kit, just install them on the new coils... A body lift is usaully an easier and less expensive way to go and they look good, you just need to get bumper brackets to bring the bumpers up too (not all the kits come with them, my 3" PA body lift only came with one for the front bumper) and "gap guards" if your really worried about cosmetics (they cover up the gap left in your wheel well). The one advantage to the suspension is the increase in clearance that you dont get from a body lift, if thats important, if not then I'd suggest the body lift... As far as looks go, I have a buddy with a 5" Rough country lift runnin 33's on his half ton 2nd gen dodge and it looks good, but I would have to agree with Acapalic in having an aggressive tread...

Last edited by Ram_V_10; 04-13-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:01 AM
Ram_V_10

But Acapalic is right about your rear end, with the suspension lift the front of your truck would gain another 2" more than the rear, on top of the 2" it already had from the spacers meaning it would be a total of 4" higher than the rear (assuming it sat roughly level stock) which is another great argument for the body lift, it lifts the whole truck evenly so your back to front height ratio would be maintained after the lift, but with the suspension lift you would have to get either another block or AAL to bring the rear up so it at LEAST sits level...

Old 04-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Viper37
Banned

I still don't get why the truck needs to be higher. You can already clear the size tire you want to run, lifting the body isn't going to gain you anything.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:46 AM
wlanum

Originally Posted by Viper37
I still don't get why the truck needs to be higher. You can already clear the size tire you want to run, lifting the body isn't going to gain you anything.
I know that the truck will clear the tires I have currently since I already have the 33's on it.

I was asking about the lift since I was curious how the 3 inch suspension lift combined with the 2 inch spacers I have now would also look with my BFG A/T 33 inch tires.

Quick Reply: Body Lifts