2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hughes intake plate problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 08:07 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Even if you COULD fix it, you shouldn't have to. You bought it new, so it should BE new.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:53 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

+1, what he said.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:52 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you heat it I can just see you putting a hole in it or making a bigger problem out of it, Good thing you checked!!!!!! That would have bit you in the a$$.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:19 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK guys, thanks for all the comments and suggestions. My gut instinct told me not to use it, but I figured I would get some second opinions. I suppose I will just send it back and wait for a new one to get sent back out.

I wouldn't even be questioning it except they (someone that works there anyway) said it will be fine. But, I know deep down it is not right.

Fawk it, its going back.

Thanks again, fellas.

Brandon

Old 04-18-2009, 12:08 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Are you doing the kegger mod? Nows a good time since you have to wait?

Old 04-18-2009, 12:22 AM
TruckinDodge
Professional

Hell if they give you any problems with getting a new one please let us know. They should have been more then willing to send you a new one when you sent them pictures. IMO.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:21 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
Are you doing the kegger mod? Nows a good time since you have to wait?

Yep, Ima thinkin so. I think I will try doing the throttle body trick as well while I have the cutters/grinders out.

But yeah, that was exactly my thoughts... it will give me time to do those things while I'm waiting for the new plate. Gotta think positive Heck, at the rate I work on engine components, I will probably have a new one days before I need it

Old 04-18-2009, 08:30 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by TruckinDodge
Hell if they give you any problems with getting a new one please let us know. They should have been more then willing to send you a new one when you sent them pictures. IMO.

I will, for sure.

I have heard nothing but praises about them, and then when I deal with them they kinda come across as ******.

I called them on the phone and they said it is supposed to be flat in a perfect world, but it will still work. Then, I send them an email with the pictures (with no info as being the same guy who called a while before) and all they sent back was, "Brandon, like we said on the phone it will work just fine. If you don't want it just send it back." That was it, nothing else. No offer to send another one out, nothing. That **** kinda puts a bad taste in my mouth.

But they do act like it is no big deal that it is warped, which doesn't make sense to me. I wonder if they would install a warped piece of aluminum on one of there $10k motors? ******.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:02 AM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Well, they told you to send it back, so I'd do that.
I'd also send a NICE letter explaining that while you certainly could install it, you really don't have the extra time to pull it apart again if it doesn't work. Explain that you've heard nothing but good things about thier company and thier products (and service!) on the internet and elsewhere, and are positive once they've seen the plate they will make it right with you.
I believe you'll have better results being nice than angry. Well...it works for me.

Oh, and for insurance...put a "mark" somewhere on the plate, to make sure they don't send you the bad one back.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:08 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by olyelr
But they do act like it is no big deal that it is warped, which doesn't make sense to me. I wonder if they would install a warped piece of aluminum on one of there $10k motors? ******.
Well, not taking sides here, but part of the issue may be the same issue every company has at times... if the customer service department doesn't have a mechanic or mechanically inclined person in it, you will get results like this sometimes. They won't understand the big deal over a little bend.

Quick Reply: Hughes intake plate problem?