2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trucks got some rattles

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 03:13 PM
95 Jamin Ram
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trucks got some rattles

First the cat converter is horrible i just want to cut it off but i probably wont pass inspection even thought i have 2 more years before it gets inspected again. Currently don't have the money to replace it.

This one hopefully some one can help me with. On the drivers side upper half of the dash near gauge cluster i hear a little squeak every time i hit a bump and its kinda loud. Also a rattle coming from the back half of the truck not sure what it could be checked the spare tire and exhaust clamps sounds to me like its on the drivers side nothing is in the bed. I know it is hard trying to help someone find a rattle without hearing it but just thinking mabe some one else had a problem like this and found something. Thanks!

Old 04-30-2009, 01:08 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you have bed caps.......i have some diamond plate ones and one is loose and it rattles......is it all of the time....really loud?

Old 04-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Replacing the cat can be as cheap as $160 bucks. That's about three tanks of gas.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:23 AM
xray99
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might get a better idea of location/cause if you let someone else drive the truck, slowly in an empty, large parking lot with you in the passenger seat and the window rolled down.
You can get perspective that is nearly impossible while driving yourself.

Quick Reply: Trucks got some rattles