2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

steam cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009 | 08:34 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by xecutech
I will never rinse off an engine ever again.
Probably a good idea for you, my guess is that you must have blasted it with too much pressure or something. Maybe your plug wasn't torqued correctly, so water got by it. Who knows. But I think this is a rare and isolated incident, and i'll continue to wash my engine just as I always have.

Old 05-12-2009 | 12:35 PM
Miami_Son
Banned

Update: #2 fuel injector and #2 spark plug needs to be replaced!

Not sure how water could cause a spark plug to fail. As for the injector, they are sealed, so more likely the water merely pointed out an issue that would have become a problem soon anyway. I pressure wash my engines regularly and have never had a problem. I'm carefull not to spray things like the PCM or TB and just concentrate on the areas that are dirty.

Old 05-12-2009 | 01:13 PM
mopar1973man
Veteran

Update: #2 fuel injector and #2 spark plug needs to be replaced!

Funny... I leave the them running some days and rinse them off running... Still no problems doing that...

NOTE: I don't do this with a hot engine! If I just fired it up to more to the shop and it cold I rinse the ngine off to knock the grease and grime off and move to the shop fo working...

Quick Reply: steam cleaning