2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Broken Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 05:47 AM
rczanstke
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Mirror

So i was driving down a dirt road by my friend's house last night. I was doing 55, the windows were up, and a bee/wasp/hornet/etc. was trapped in the cab. The bee then proceeded to land on my arm and sting me. Well, while I was busy trying to get the f***er out the window, my passenger side mirror smacked into a mail box. The glass on the mirror shattered. I laughed my *** off when it happened because the mailbox happened to be the most decorated mailbox on the street, and i decorated it with a nice dent and shards of broken glass. I just hope the mailman doesn't cut himself on it.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:54 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might not laugh for real long if that was a power mirror, but at least you didn't wreck when you got stung. I watched a young girl thrashing about in her car when a wasp was flying around in the cab, She apparently got flustered enough to put her foot down on the gas at a stoplight and proceeded to slam into a real nice lexus in front of her... Now that was funny.

On another note, sounds like now would be the time for tow mirrors if that's your thing...

Old 05-22-2009, 01:03 AM
dblj16380
Veteran

If it is just the glass piece that is broken and you still have the backing piece for the glass then you can just get a replacement glass piece from like Auto Zone or something. I clipped the side of the garage one day backing out and broke the glass in mine. I carefully peeled all of the glass off of the defroster strip and stuck the new glass piece in. Presto, The power mirrors still work AND the defrosters still work.

Otherwise, if you need to replace the entire mirror then you can get one on ebay for a decent price. I had to replace my other mirror after I hit my sign (check sig pic) and I got a power/heated mirror for I think like $50ish

Old 05-22-2009, 04:43 AM
rczanstke
Professional

It's not a power mirror. The plastic piece that connects the mirror to the door has a piece broken out of it. My friend says he can help me fiberglass over the hole. Do you think that this will work? I can buy the replacement part for it at autozone for $70, but I don't have the money for that right now, and my friend can provide me with everything I need to fiberglass and he is going to help me with it for free.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:50 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

a friend of mine has a 97 ram and his mirror was cracked and he needed one for an inspection, so i got on ebay and got him a new one that is an exact oem match for 25$.

just looked, heres on for 26$, whole assembly, manual mirror, chrome passenger side

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MIRRO...Q5fAccessories

Quick Reply: Broken Mirror